Friday, July 25, 2008

Hello!

Well, I have finally succumbed to the temptation to start a second blog! Whether or not it will last, I don't know. But I am excited about it!

For the past six months or so I have worked on my first blog, http://www.whiningpuker.blogspot.com/, a blog about my past experience with hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe form of morning sickness. I have been collecting research, working through my experiences, etc. HOWEVER, my passion for homebirth midwifery keeps leaking through and eclipsing my work with HG. I have tried to merge the two lines, but have come to the conclusion that I'd better separate them - it was getting as confusing as writing a book with two separate plots (and probably just about as hard to read).

Starting a second blog is an absolute absurdity for me, as I (a SAHM with a very active toddler) do not even have time to properly keep up my first blog! But I am hoping at least to be able to keep my thought lines separate, be a little bit more organized and less confused, and be able to run each blog more easily than I was able to run one combined blog.

This blog is intended to share my deep and abiding passion for homebirth and homebirth midwifery, to provide resources (websites, articles) for parents and professionals, to provide news updates in the ever-changing world of birth, and to share my wonderful experiences with homebirth and midwives.

I am hoping to provide information that will be of use both to the experienced homebirther, and also to the mothers and families who are just starting to think of homebirth or using midwifery services. I am hoping to provide a lot of Q&A articles, quick articles on specific subjects relating to pregnancy, birth, homebirth, waterbirth and midwifery, and more in-depth information that will be useful to all levels of homebirth individuals and families.

With that in mind, let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!