Saturday, November 6, 2010

Kids Really Do....

.... say the darnedest things!

And when you add a birth junkie for a mother into the picture, they really really really say the darnedest things!

The following conversation occurred spontaneously last week, just after I had served our son (4yo) his cereal.

Son: I wish I had a uterus.
Me: (after shocked silence) Why's that?
Son: Because I want to have a baby.
Me: (another pause) Well, when you get married, your wife will have a baby for you.
Son: (grudgingly, after pondering for a moment) Well..... okay.

Over the past six months he's been insisting that our midwife should come over so that he could have a baby, so I guess he must finally be accepting biological inevitability.

You never know quite what they're going to say!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Sounds like what my 6-y/o would have said, had he gotten into birth at 4. By now, he recognizes that only mommies/girls have babies, but he makes *me* pretend to have babies, and one of the pretend babies I had was a girl who very quickly grew up, got married, and had babies.

    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!