Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lovely, Lovely, Lovely Home Waterbirth Video!

A friend on the Arizona Birth Network posted her birth video from the birth of her son this past May. I am so pleased and excited to share it, with her permission!

Katie's Birth of Baby Lincoln: A Home Waterbirth

Can I say that I loved - LOVED - this video? It brought tears to my eyes from the sheer beauty. Many, many congratulations to this sweet mama and her family.

Some things I especially loved about this video:

I loved the combination of still photos and video footage. I would love to do that with my birth pics/video if I knew how! A great way to combine the artistry of photography with the reality of video footage. Beautiful.

I also loved how real this birth was. It showed the pain and the effort alongside the beauty and the power. It was a truly honest look at natural birth - all aspects of it. I loved that.

And also, this was just a great birth. Great support from the husband and the birth team, respectful and loving care from the midwife, undisturbed birth conditions leading to a physiologic birth (note, again, the longer second stage with an absence of the "Push! Push! PUSH!" mantra so typical in traditional American birth). Good stuff.

This was a beautiful birth! Thank you for sharing!

Also, in honor of this video, I have started a new sidebar! (I know, I know, "Stop with the sidebars, for crying out loud!" I can't help myself.) The name of it - "Beautiful Birth Videos"! This is first on the list, and I'll be adding gradually. I want mothers out there to have a list of good, positive birth videos to watch instead of the horrific ones (or highly fictional ones) on television. Here's to a wonderful start!

Just lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Data Entry Outsourcing Projects Available at www.visionjobcare.com
    visionjobcare.comoffers different types of outsourcing projects. Online data entry is one of the best home job for housewives, unemployed, students and part time job finders. Easy Job, just spend 2hrs. daily, & make massive monthly income. We pay you $5 per Assignment. Each Assignment of 5 lines.
    For more details E-mail us at support.visionjob@gmail.com
    Visit Us at http://www.visionjobcare.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! However, please remember that all comments that are rude, inconsiderate, hurtful, or inappropriate will be deleted without comment. Thanks for visiting!