Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Farewell to Anonymity

Just a quick note, dear readers! As of 30 seconds ago, I have had to disable anonymous comments. I apologize to those of you who can no longer leave comments (you can if you get a Google account), but it has become necessary.

Reason #1:

I value civil discourse above all else in comment discussions. That is, polite and considerate conversation that never turns into flame wars or insult marathons. On the whole, my readership is absolutely excellent about respecting my wishes for civil discourse. However, on the rare occasions that I do get rude, hurtful, combative, obscene or insulting comments, they are always-always-always from "Anonymous" commenters. Not cool. Thankfully this doesn't happen too often.

Reason #2:

I'm guessing that my blog has somehow been discovered by the spamming world, because I am now being flooded with ridiculous spam comments - the word recognition protection doesn't seem to have any deterring effect on them. This hasn't happened too often before, but now it's every day.

So from now on, farewell to anonymity!! And thank you to all of you dear readers who write in such sweet, positive and constructive email discussions - I love talking with all of you.

Again, you can follow my pregnancy journey on my other blog. When I feel somewhat better than dirt (low-quality dirt, at that), I will start cross-posting entries, as well as bringing this blog back into active mode.

In the meantime, love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!