Friday, September 16, 2011

Belated Activism

Remember how (back in May) I wrote a post urging readers to write to Mercy Gilbert hospital, thanking them for installing their new labor pool? Well, I myself am just getting around to doing that very thing! Here is my letter, and here is where you can send your own note. The best activism is positive activism!

***

Re: New Labor & Delivery Pool

Dear Mercy Gilbert,

I wanted to drop your staff a note to tell you how excited I am that Mercy Gilbert has recently installed a new labor pool for the use of laboring mothers in your maternity ward. That is simply a splendid development which will be such an incredible blessing to the mamas who choose to birth at your location. Water is such an incredible resource for pain relief and mobility during labor, and I am so excited to be able to enthusiastically recommend Mercy Gilbert as a birth place for local mothers. Congratulations, and great work!

I have spent two labors entirely in water (with one ending in a waterbirth), and I don't know how I could have done it without that water. It helped so much! I will forever be a big proponent of laboring in water as an enormous aid to pregnant mothers.

Great work! Thanks again!

Sincerely Yours,
Diana Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!