Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"BabyWise" Post

My blog-friend Kathy has posted a great article on the Babywise phenomenon - check it out! I've been meaning to write a similar article on why I no longer support Babywise, but it looks like it's going to have to wait a while.... a long while. Though I am writing constant mental-blogging entries, actual blogging seems to have gone by the wayside during the postpartum period. So in the meantime, read Kathy's great article! There are also some good comments in the comment section.

3 comments:

  1. ". . .why I no longer support. . ."

    Did you use to support the ideas in BW or use it?

    Just wondering. . . 'cause I'm a been-there-done-that tossed out the Babywise with the bathwater mom. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, there! Yes, I was pro-babywise before I had kidlets, and I did try it (along with another scheduling method) with #1. It was not a fun experience and didn't last too long - thank goodness! This time I didn't even give it a second thought. There are a ton of other problems with BW, not the least of which is the fact that the author has been excommunicated from TWO churches! (Yikes!!) I'll write about my particular experience whenever I get around to blogging, but suffice it to say that I have tossed BW out completely. I'd burn my copy, but I only borrowed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a Christian who can not accept the authority of the local church really isn't in a position to teach about authority in the family, wouldn't you think? Similarly, it is sad but Gary and Anne Marie Ezzo are estranged from their grown children and grandchildren. Not exactly the model I want to follow for building lifelong relationships with my children. I still pray for healing and reconciliation for them, but. . . not hopeful at this point.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!