Friday, February 4, 2011

Here, There, Everywhere!

In the past year, the Phoenix Valley has gone from having no birth centers....

.... to having one birth center


.... to having two birth centers

.... to having three birth centers!

Is that amazing, or what? We have:

Babymoon Inn (Phoenix)

Blossom Birth and Wellness Center (Phoenix)

Women's Birth and Wellness Center (Mesa)

(I believe the Bethany Midwives are in the midst of starting an in-hospital birth center - with waterbirth! - but I can't find anything on their website in confirmation of this. Information, anyone?)

I am so excited about all this! And last month at birth circle, I heard for the first time expectant couples who said not only "I'm having a homebirth!" or "I'm birthing at hospital X" but also "I'm having my baby at Babymoon!" and "I'm having my baby at Blossom!" What an awesome collection of resources for expecting mamas!

I attended Blossom's opening, and got to see this amazing and gorgeous facility (if I wasn't a confirmed home-birther, I'd definitely consider it!). I had to miss Babymoon's opening, for some reason - I hope I get to see it sometime! Women's Birth and Wellness is having its open house next Saturday, February 12th, from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m., and we are planning to be there.... I am very excited! If you're in the area, come out and join us!

It is simply impossible to have too many birth centers! Bring it on!!

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful for the Phoenix community! All of us at Babymoon are so happy for more choices for Phoenix families. And you didn't miss our open house - we haven't had one yet - but we welcome you (and anyone else) to drop by or schedule a tour any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good! I'm glad I didn't miss it! Can't wait to see it soon, then!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's so awesome that there are more birth options out there.
    I did ask Diane Ortega (bethany midwife) about the birth center at Phoenix Baptist a few months ago. She said they were aiming for April 2011 to have it open and running. I've heard mixed things about whether they will allow waterbirth there, but hopefully they will.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!