Sunday, May 17, 2009

Benefits of Delayed Cord Clamping

Nursing Birth has published an amazing and thorough post on the debate about delayed cord clamping and the benefits thereof. It's a must-read! Check it out here.

I didn't have to worry about anyone trying fast cord-clamping with our birth, as our midwives are so awesome about practicing hands-off, evidence-based medicine - which means no fast cord clamping! But I think that next time I'll ask to wait till the placenta is birthed before cord-cutting. I've also toyed with the idea of a lotus birth (waiting for the cord to fall off naturally), but am a bit intimidated with the amount of work required. We'll see!

Here's the awesome video that she also posted which examines the issue:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!