Friday, April 15, 2011

Apologies

Any readers of this blog have probably noticed that I have been a very bad blogger recently! I have not been writing nearly as much as I normally do, and I apologize for it. I love blogging, I love the interaction with readers, and I have missed that lately.

Why have I not been writing much as of late?

I'm not sure. Partially, I'm just in one of those natural lulls that fall between periods of productivity. I just haven't had that great spate of ideas that leads to vast amount of blogging in recent weeks.

Also, I have sorta-kinda reached a crossroads in my birth junky path - I have finally decided to lay down the idea of becoming a doula (quite voluntarily, don't worry), for now at least.... and while I hadn't really had my heart set on that anyway, it does leave me wondering what my eventual role will be in the birth community. Am I fated to be forever-and-only a birth blogger? I hope not! But you can read more about that on my other blog in my recap of last week's DONA birth doula training.

Additionally, I have been thinking a lot about our family and the future of it (think "baby bug"). Thus, I've been doing a lot more blogging on my other blog - my hyperemesis blog. You can find me over there! Unfortunately, for a hyperemesis mother such as myself, having babies is more akin to going to war than just getting pregnant. You can read about my battle strategy hyperemesis protocol/plan - any non-HG mothers out there might find this interesting!

When I get back on the blogging band wagon, my first project will be not a post but a guest post for a sister blogger's site, also on the topic of hyperemesis gravidarum. Stay tuned; I'll post the link! I'm hoping to write something worth reading, but no guarantees.

Also (though I know this sounds ridiculous to moms of many), I am finding that life with two kidlets takes all of my time - even though one of them is still non-mobile! But housework, teaching, MOMS Club, playdates, AWANA, preschool, life in general - I find that it demands all of my time and energy - and then some! So blogging has had to take a back seat, though I still love to find time for it whenever I can.

In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy Palm Sunday and the beginning of Holy Week! Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. Blogging gets tough sometimes. There are those days or even weeks when you just keep spitting out lots of stuff and feel like there is still so much more to write... and then there are those times you just can't write. Or even think about what to tackle next. I do think birth blogging is "worthy" activism, all in itself. The internet plays such a large role now. Lots of people are inspired by your blog, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!