Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birth Story from Birth Faith!

Busca from "Birth Faith" recently finished posting her birth story, and it is awesome! Here it is, in all four parts:

Surrender, Part 1


Surrender, Part 2


Surrender, Part 3


Surrender, Part 4

There are so many things to love about this birth story! You'll just have to check it out for yourself. Probably the most unusual thing about this birth is that the mama got all the way to the verge of transition while still thinking she was in early labor - very rare! She writes:

"It was tough to read Mary’s face as she measured my cervical progress and said, “Yeah…”  I immediately thought… “What does that mean?!”  And asked, “Where are we at?”  She said, “Six plus and totally effaced.  And six is being conservative… you’re really more like seven.”

"I was shocked.  Did Mary really just tell me I was walking around on the verge of transition and didn’t even know it?  She said only maybe once or twice before (in over 30 years of midwifery) had she felt a cervix like that… so soft and flexible that, as she explained, “All I’d have to do is swipe my finger around it and you’d be at nine centimeters.”  Of course, she got herself right back out of me and didn’t mess around in there.  She didn’t want to encourage any more cervical progress until we were home and she was there to assist us."

May I say - I want a birth like that, LOL!! Hopefully it runs in the water around here.

Enjoy!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!