Wednesday, September 1, 2010

One Year Ago

One year ago this morning, I had labored most of the night in our bathtub, surrounded by my amazing birth team and family. One of my doulas said, "Look! The sun is rising!" And so it had - the light was gradually dawning through the darkness. And at 6:47 a.m., after 7 hours and 11 minutes of labor, our baby was born into water into the waiting hands of his daddy. Thank you to our amazing midwives who guarded and guided us, our doulas who encouraged us, and to my husband and son who accompanied me through our second labor journey. Happy First Birthday, sweet baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! All kind and thoughtful comments will be published; all inconsiderate or hurtful comments will be deleted quietly without comment. Thanks for visiting!